Anaheim Oral Surgery can help to correct a number of different dental problems. It can look after diseases and defects that can otherwise cause problems for your gums and teeth. Here are just a few tips for a speedy recovery from any of these operations.
- Getting plenty of rest is a good idea right after the procedure. If you’ve got a book that you always wanted to start reading, the first 24 hours after surgery is a great time. Here’s another helpful idea — no going to the gym or other strenuous activities for at least a week.
- Look after the surgical area by keeping your talking down for the first several hours after you’ve had Anaheim Oral surgery. Eating and drinking should be kept to a minimum as well. It’s important to give the surgical area time to start healing without being disturbed in any way.
- Drink plenty of liquids like water. However, you should avoid using a straw because the suction involved could disturb the surgical area. Hot beverages need to be avoided as well as caffeinated ones like coffee in the first day after you’ve had your surgery.
- Tobacco and alcohol should always be used in moderation. It’s best to avoid them completely for five days after any kind of Anaheim Oral surgery. Look at this abstinence as a way to improve your health. If you’re having trouble trying to quit smoking, we can help steer you in the right direction.
- If you use a lot of caution around the surgical area, you should be able to brush and floss just like always. Rinsing your mouth should be avoided for the first 24 hours after the operation. Saltwater gargles every several hours after that is acceptable.
If you’re like most people, you want to minimize any kind of swelling and bruising. Usually, a cold compress will do the trick here. However, you should talk to us first to make sure that you use the proper kind for the correct intervals.
Our dental professionals might prescribe some kind of pain medication after your surgery. Make sure that you understand the dosages and that you don’t exceed the recommended levels. If you’ve got any questions, always come in and see us. We’re always happy to see you and answer your questions about having surgery done or any other procedure.
Having Anaheim oral surgery is made easier when you’re comfortable and well-informed.