Taking care of your children’s oral health.
Your children’s oral health is important to us as it should be to you. 7 Day Dental prides itself as one of the best pediatric dentist in Orange County.
Here are some tips:
- Clean your baby’s gums by lightly massaging his or her gums with a damp washcloth.
- Children should not fall asleep with a bottle. Juice and other sweet beverages should be given in a cup, never from a bottle.
- When first teeth appear, lightly brush with a soft child-sized toothbrush with a rice-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
- Start using a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste on your child’s brush when children reach toddler/preschool age. Children should spit out and not swallow excess toothpaste.
- Baby teeth are important. Not only do they help children learn to speak and chew naturally, they hold the place for permanent teeth until they are ready to erupt.
- Flossing should begin once teeth grow in next to each other. Floss your kids’ teeth.
- Let children brush under your supervision and assistance until they can brush by themselves—generally around age 7.
- School-aged children should brush at least twice a day for at least two minutes at a time, continue flossing before bedtime.
- Encourage children to chew sugarless gum and stay away from sticky candy.
- If your child plays sports, make sure he or she always wears a mouth guard.
- As parents you can become a big part of your Children’s oral health by following all or most of these tips.
To read about a child’s first dental visit: Childs First Dental Visit
7 Day Dental has specialists in Pediatric Dentistry!
Call to make an appointment: 866-989-1335 OR Schedule Your Appointment Online Here!