You need to get all the facts before you have a dental procedure like Laguna Woods root canal. This is the procedure we recommend for an abscess or damaged tooth. A root canal is a much better alternative to an extraction and that’s why we have experts who understand this procedure very well.
There is a pulp inside your tooth that contains blood vessels and nerves. There are several reasons why this pulp can become infected.
- Deep cavities are one of the reasons that the pulp in your tooth can become infected. This is one of the best reasons to have regular dental checkups.
- If your tooth has become cracked or fractured, it also stands a chance of becoming infected. That’s why we like to suggest that anybody playing sports wear proper mouth guards to prevent this type of injury.
- Sometimes having repeated dental treatments can disturb the tooth and cause this problem too.
It’s important to have all information before you go ahead with one of our dental implant procedures. 7 Day Dental prides itself on treating each and every client in a respectful manner. When we are allocating resources to carry out Laguna Woods root canal procedures, we want to make sure everyone gets the treatment they need.
One of the big reasons to make sure that you have a root canal when you need it is infection can spread to surrounding tissues. In other words, putting off this often necessary dental treatment can make the problem worse.
You should know what to expect from a root canal treatment. Usually, these take 1 to 2 separate visits from start to finish. There is no need to worry about the procedure hurting because your dentist can use a local anesthetic.
There are a few things that we will want to do before we start any root canal and these include:
- Taking some x-rays so that we can get a clear picture of the area where we will be working. This will give us a good idea of the surrounding bone and the tissues that are up against the tooth.
- Before we begin, we’ll also numb the area around the tooth so that you don’t feel any discomfort during the procedure.
Keep in mind the area around the root canal might feel a little sensitive for a short time afterwards. That’s to be expected and is considered a normal part of our Laguna Woods root canal service.