We offer a wide variety of services here at 7 Day Dental including Orange County sleep apnea treatment. It’s important to get a proper diagnosis if you think you’re suffering from this ailment. There are a few boxes you should check as symptoms. These quite often include:
- Asking your partner about your snoring. Quite often somebody suffering from sleep apnea makes choking noises during the night and might even stop breathing momentarily. The episodes usually start with loud and prolonged snoring.
- It’s important to bring a record of the medications that you take. Any diagnosis will need to take these into account. Both prescription and over-the-counter medicines can make a difference.
- The results of a sleep study can point someone suffering from sleep apnea in the right direction. You might be asked to stay overnight in a sleep center. However, this minor inconvenience will usually give doctors and dentists a good overview of your condition.
Orange County Sleep Apnea Treatment and Dental Appliances
One group of professionals that has experience in treating sleep apnea are dentists. However, it’s important to look for the experts who have expertise in this particular area. One of the boxes you’ll need to check is experience in this field.
Some of these professionals have a variety of dental appliances that will work. It’s a matter of exploring all of your options and finding the one that suits you best.
Although it’s always best to treat this problem with professional help, there are a few things you can do to be proactive.
- In some situations, overweight people can lessen their symptoms by losing those extra pounds. Not only is this a great way to treat sleep apnea, it can also solve some other medical issues like high cholesterol.
- Avoiding alcohol is another proactive solution. Alcohol can relax your breathing airwaves and actually provoke sleep apnea attacks.
- Smoking should be avoided for a variety of different reasons. Top of the list here is the fact that it swells the upper air passageway and provokes sleep apnea attacks.
Here’s a few other things that you should know about. Sometimes the position you sleep in can make a big difference. People who lie on their backs report suffering more sleep apnea incidents. We like to suggest that you learn how to sleep on your side to prevent this issue from cropping up. Contact our Orange County sleep apnea treatment center to learn more.