Our Ladera Ranch children’s dentistry services are complete and thorough. We like to offer advice to parents about how they should talk to their children about tooth extractions. 7 Day Dental wants to be by your side through every step of your family’s dental needs.
Here are a few things mom and dad will need to know about what to do and tell your child after they’ve had a tooth extraction.
- It’s important to let your son or daughter know they can resume brushing after some healing has taken place. After a tooth has been pulled, your child should be told not to brush around the area until it has fully clotted.
- If your child gets a fever or shows other sides of being sick, you should call a dentist immediately. It’s important to keep in mind that our Ladera Ranch children’s dentistry professionals are always ready and willing to look after your child’s needs. Keep in mind we also have an excellent emergency dental service.
- After the procedure is over, you can give them ibuprofen or any other medication that we have prescribed for you. In some situations an ice pack is an excellent way to bring the swelling down. You can apply one of these for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- If it’s possible, you should try and stop your child from drinking from a straw or spitting for a period of time after a tooth extraction. Using a straw can create suction inside their mouth that can dislodge any blood clots while they are forming.
- You might need to change their diet for up to one full day after a tooth extraction. It is recommended that you serve your child only soft foods for this period of time after they’ve had a tooth pulled.
- Keep in mind that it is very important to keep your child’s mouth clean while the affected area heals. If they can rinse their mouth out with salt water or some kind of antibacterial mouthwash, all the better.
Our Ladera Ranch children’s dentistry services are top-notch. We have all the necessary forms online that ’ll need if you’re looking to bring your child in for a tooth extraction. Our offices are also comfortable and child friendly because we are looking to form relationships that last a lifetime. If your child needs a tooth extraction why not get in touch with us today?